Saturday, April 21, 2012

Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble

Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble


It's Spring here in sunny Florida and strawberries are in season and taste amazing. I was on the hunt for something different and I do believe I found a great recipe. Have you ever tried rhubarb? I was actually quite scared to try it in a recipe because I didn't want to waste the ingredients but it's a little bit tangy and sweet. It tastes like a tart strawberry.

This was a hit for me and me only. The husband and 8y/o did not approve but I liked it. For the original recipe, click here.


Ingredients:
Crumble
1 1/3cups flour
1tsp baking powder
3Tbsp sugar
zest of one lemon
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2tsp vanilla
1/4tsp cinnamon


Filling
1 1/2cups rhubarb chopped into 1" pieces
2cups quartered strawberries
juice of one lemon
1/2cup sugar
3Tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
pinch of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small dish, thoroughly combine the crumble ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.


Next, thoroughly combine the filling ingredients together and pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Crumble the crumble topping over the filling mixture and cook 40-50 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown.


Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment