Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pancakes

Pancakes
I'm not a big fan of pancakes, but my two boys are. They eat them any chance they get and if they're lucky enough that I'm running on time in the mornings, they know they'll get chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I'm an on-time type of person usually so they eat a lot of pancakes.

I was looking at a box mix the other day and was wondering why the need for so much 'extra' stuff in the mix so I went to my favorite website, MBA, and found a perfectly easy pancake recipe. I omit the orange ingredients since I make mine with chocolate chips but everything else stays the same. Full proof recipe that will "wow" your family for sure!


Ingredients:
3/4cup whole milk, organic is best
1Tbsp white vinegar
1cup all-purpose flour, organic is best
2Tbsp sugar, I use organic turbinado and it works fine
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1 egg
2Tbsp melted butter, organic or ghee is best
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4cup mini-chocolate chips
Directions:
Mix milk and vinegar together and let it set for 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. In a microwave safe dish, add butter and melt then add egg and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients together then slowly stir the dry ingredients in to the wet and fully incorporate. Add chocolate chips now.
On a heated griddle, add pancake batter and cook thoroughly.
Excuse the crappy looking ones. My spatula was not cooperating!
I make quite a few batches and allow them to cool on a cooling rack then transfer to the fridge or freezer.
I made Valentine's Day pancakes for the kids and cut out heart shapes. I also added a little bit of red food coloring to give it a festive color.

Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment