Sunday, November 13, 2011

Coconut Biscotti

Coconut Biscotti

Coconut! Mmm! I love almost anything with coconut in it and again, pinterest.com had me at 'hello' with this recipe. Go here to find the original recipe.


 
I've tried baking biscotti once and it was a total flop so I thought I'd try it again. It is a very simple recipe that uses one bowl. I'm all about not having to get out a bazillion bowls and measuring cups to bake something. One pot stop!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1/4tsp baking soda
3/4cup sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1cup flaked sweetened coconut

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Beat sugar, eggs and vanilla on medium-high for 2 minutes until it gets thick and creamy.



Add the remaining ingredients to bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. I added the coconut after I had stirred all of the flour/powder ingredients together. On a floured surface, kneed the sticky dough 7-8 times.


Pat and roll with hands into a log of 15x3. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly press down until the dough is about 1" thick.



Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown then move to wire wrack to cool for 5 minutes.


Cut roll diagonally in 1/2" slices and bake again for another 20 minutes.



Slices will be slightly soft in the middle but will harden when they cool completely on a wire wrack.



You can dip them in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with some coconut flakes or dip them in dark chocolate if you prefer. I don't have white chocolate so I used semi-sweet chocolate on some and powdered sugar and food coloring on some.


(Mix a little bit of water and powdered sugar. Add food coloring for festive colors!)



If you want, you can add white or dark chocolate chips in the batter before you cook it. Also think about adding almonds or walnuts before cooking if you're a nutty type of person.


Eat and Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment