Thursday, September 15, 2011

Family Cooking, Week 1 and Week 2 re-cap

I recently moved back to Pensacola, FL and am loving being here again. The beautiful beach, the warm, okay HOT, air and knowing my families are literally 5 minutes down the road from me gives me back what I needed!

My mom, sister and I have cooked twice together now and it was actually pretty fun. I didn't think it would be fun but we're all learning new recipes and we're able to make healthy choice for our families.

The first week we made sweet potato pound cake, but I called it bread.. it makes it feel less bad for me that way. We also made pumpkin/pinto bean soup (YUM!) and a chicken and rice casserole. If you have good time management, you too can make all of this food in a little bit of time.

Our second week we made a chicken cassoulet (I still need to google what that darn word means), chicken empenadas and a crock-pot lasagna. We made lemon muffins at our own homes and I went ahead and made a batch of breakfast cookies.

Everything has tasted so good! We make enough to feed our families at least 1 hot meal and then we can freeze the remaining portions or just eat it all for the rest of the week. I tell ya, this has been a huge time saver for me.

I will be posting all of the recipes and will include pictures once I'm able to get those. I'll also link the recipes to this blog when I can.

As for now, I hope you all are enjoying the kids being back at school and having some 'free' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment